Summer excursions and activities
Bruck offers a wide range of sports and recreational opportunities due to its close proximity to the European sports region with the world-famous towns of Zell am See and Kaprun.
Sports and fun in the province of Salzburg
- Bruck is the starting point of the Grossglockner High Alpine Road – the town lies directly at the foot of Austria’s highest mountain.
- The Großglockner – in the heart of the Hohe Tauern – an unforgettable experience.
- Forcing the Großglockner (highest mountain in Austria) is for
Cyclists and mountain bikers is one of the biggest challenges
- Pinzgau cycle path – 1200 km
- Relax at the Zeller See – only 3,5 km away one of the lido invites you – drinking water quality – boat rental – sailing school – surfing school
- Rafting center in Taxenbach
Glacier skiing on the Kitzsteinhorn
Tennis & Golf:
- Tennis courts in the village – in Zell am See, Kaprun
- Golf: two 18 hole championship courses in Zell am See – largest golf course in the Austrian Alps
Hiking & Apin Climbing
Hiking trails – Alpine climbing – Animal park – Children’s adventure park in Ferleiten approx. 15 km)
- Paragliding – hang gliding in Zell am See – the Pinzgau is considered one of the best cross country flying areas in Austria
- Skydiving – Flight school in Zell am See
- Tour of the Alps with glider
- Go-kart outdoor track Meissner in Leogang – 400 m kart track under the open sky, floodlights, rental overalls, helmets
Places of interest:
- The Krimml Waterfalls ( approx. 50 km – the largest waterfalls in Europe)
- The Kitzloch gorge near Taxenbach
- The Tauern power plant with its reservoirs in Kaprun
- The capital Salzburg (approx. 90 km) with museums, churches, fortress, zoo, Hellbrunn, Mozart’s birthplace, festivals, theater, concerts etc.
- Domestic museums and mines, various exhibitions
- The Salzburger Land is located in the center of Austria – the provincial capitals are therefore easily accessible, such as Innsbruck, Vienna.